View Single Post
Old 03-31-19, 05:23 PM   #8
promitheas
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut17 View Post
Promitheas I am using the SH5 steam edition. My steam download came with SH5, bundled together with SH4 and SH3 installations that could be installed onto the PC as well. I have only installed SH5.

The initial SH5 steam installation (vanilla) is complete with all the latest SH5 patches so all you have to do is download TWoS to get the vanilla steam download to upgrade to a real working sub-simulation.

After my initial steam download and install what I did do was run through the opening SH5 sequence to the point where you can see the first vessel to target. At that point I shut down SH5 and re-booted the PC. Then it was a real painless installation of TWoS, following the step-by-step instructions which I printed out.

Hope this info helps you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skin-nl View Post
Promitheas

You only need to start a new campaign and when the mission starts you can exit the game and install TWOS

Michael
I have to confirm these two posts, though a bit overdue (I've been too preoccupied with learning the RAOBF and Attack disks and forgot about this thread )

For any future readers with this issue, the steam version works just fine so far. I installed, it patched automatically to 1.2, I started a new campaign, waited until the first ship was sighted, exit, installed TWoS and accepted the steam conversion tool provided in the wizard, and have been playing historical missions just fine since. Note that I have started a new campaign, but I had to abandon it because I simply couldn't sink any ships. I had no idea how to work the RAOBF to come up with a reliable solution, so I decided sod it, I'll go back to school and practice a bunch.

---
SH5 Steam version, TWoS, used the steam conversion tool.
SH3 Steam version, GWX Gold
promitheas is offline   Reply With Quote