View Single Post
Old 06-26-14, 12:50 AM   #15
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Working on it all day. But I've added much more accurate realism to the physics simulation as I wanted (for this version) some months ago (hydrodynamics of ballast tanks, propulsion, even diesel itself, guns, aircraft, ASDIC etc.) to match the real thing without the usual fakes of other games. The good thing is that since some months I can talk with the former chief engineer of a Type VII about these things.

In other words WOTA: U 96 has a much better simulation under the hood than I wanted. Example: when blowing the ballast tanks it even calculates the speed of the air at the nozzle and checks if it's supersonic or not and the calculation of the mass flow of air changes depending on this. That's nothing the player has to think about but the result of all the details is what changes the overall game play because it changes the behavior of the vessels to a much more realistic experience.

Still want to release ASAP.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote