View Single Post
Old 08-14-16, 10:59 AM   #25
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Uploads: 0
Default Single Player

I vote for keystrokes to go to periscope depth, fire torpedo, turns, speed up or slow down, and surface. The scope can be the 'targeting aim point' if an AI is handling the TDC or to alter course to view point. These are the actions most immediate for safe operation.

The captain can set up a shot on the TDC and return to the scope to fire it. Or, he can point the scope at a fire point and key the fire button.

To dive deeper than periscope depth or surface, he could have keystrokes or go to the engine room to do it himself. He has no use for the scope below 10 meters, so could move to the ballast control. The human navigator could also be able to go and take over from an AI engine room to set the sub as ordered by the captain.

AI crew should not do more than follow orders unless there is a situation, like damage or new contact to report.

Changing depth via keystroke should be in increments of a set amount. Don't forget to have a way to determine bottom depth too.

Surfaced, there should be three lookout spots on the bridge. Access to the keystrokes should be available from scope, bridge, and binocular screens. How you get three down below in a hurry can be either teleport keyed by the captain or a keystroke for each position. Each player would have a "get below" button that returns him to the position he started the game with.

The captain position should not be handled by AI since it overrides the other positions and could cause problems.

I can't wait to see what you guys do!!!