Old 12-23-16, 09:57 AM   #24
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Hello dear gap !

(As your PM box is full, I post my message here)

What are the news ? I hope all is good on your side. I just wanted to know what you decided to do for the lighthouses models and also the rock/reefs ... ? Is it to hard to model them, or have we a chance to reach our great objective ?

All the best ! And Merry Christmas if we don't talk before this time !
Hello Kendras

sorry for not getting in touch for a while. I have been carried away by the Phare the la Vielle during the last few days...
For my own pleasure, I have decideded to redo it, but of course I will be my pleasure sharing it with the community along with the Dune leading lights and with any other model I might be working on after it.
The La Vielle light is coming along nicely. I am using the 3dWarehouse model as template, so it shouldn't take too long to me finishing it. What and doing is fixing some wrong proportions, consolidating the meshes for use in game, remapping the UV channel and retexturing the model. I will post some quick renderings in a couple of days, and I hope I will finish it before the next year.

After that I will start working on the other 3D stuff that you asked for

Quote:
Something is strange. I tested for Camaret LH (near Brest harbour).

The LH was in the land :

So, I went in Locations.cfg and wrote "OnLand=true". But now, the LH has disappeared !!!! It's strange, because on Helgoland, there is a LH at the top of the cliff, and it's written "OnLand=true" in Locations.cfg ....

I don't understand ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Hi Kendras,

I had this problem when modifying lighthouses in SH2, and Sergbuto helped me out. You need to look at Lighthouse.dat in the \data\Terrain\Locations folder. If I remember correctly (very long time ago) there has to be a new node for each lighthouse (???) and you adjust the Translation y value for height above sea-level.

Hope this helps but this is going back to 2006.

Regards,

MLF
I should have a close look into that model, but I think MLF is correct. When a terrain object is place on land, the cartesian coordinates of its meshes are used for determining its height relative to the terrain. In other words the meshes of that model need to be moved up so that the base of the lighthouse will have a y coordinate close to 0.

Quote:
Hey, I've found a good plan on the net, to help you to model properly the circular LH :

Good findings! Phare du Four?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote