View Single Post
Old 03-26-07, 08:02 AM   #1
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] RetroNavMapTools - Jiims NavMapTools - Aces Colored Menu Bar (Combined)

Hello All,

I really prefer the old SH3 menu for the NavMap Tools and zAmboni brought it back to us for SH4 with his 'Retro NavMap Tools' mod. I also prefer Jimm's NavMapTools v1.3(made for SH3) compared to SH4's defaults. And I like colors as opposed to black and white, so I threw in Aces Colored Menu Bar which has nice pastel colors.

I converted Jiim's tools to SH4, and with zAmboni's permission for Retro NavMap Tools(sliding drop-down version) I combined all three of these mods into one. None of this is my own work but I hope you enjoy it!

Download here: RetroNavMapTools_Jiims-NavMapTools-v1.3_Aces-Colored-Menu-Bar.7z

Installation:

7-Zip compressed archive utilty found here... http://www.7-zip.org/

Made to be installed with JSGME found here... http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Intall JSGME into SH4 and run it once and close it out. It will create a 'MODS' folder inside SH4. Unzip this mod into the MODS folder created by JSGME. Run JSGME and use it to activate the mod and enjoy!

Notes:

- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MODS THAT MODIFY THE 'menu_1024_768.ini' file.

- If you prefer black and white for the sliding drop-down navmap tools menu then you can delete the following file within the mod...

Data\Menu\Gui\MapTools.dds

- From the Readme below for Nav Map tools v1.3.... If you want to use the protractor with normal markings (top:0, bottom:180), move the 'Line.dds' file from the 'Documentation\Option-Ruler' folder to the 'Data/Menu/MouseCurs' folder within the mod.

- I believe with Jimm's NavMapTools there is no longer any use/need for the 'Tool Helper' function so I don't think it will do anything.

- From the Readme below for RetroNavTools... 'Ctrl+Eraser' is now the 'Erase All' function. There is also a tool-tip pop-up that tells you this if you hover your mouse over the Eraser.

"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote