View Single Post
Old 01-13-19, 07:30 PM   #45
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaowl View Post
No need for excuses! We are all doing this in our spare time.
Thank you for your understanding

Quote:
If its like you said, that there will be no containership until late 40, what for Neptunes sake shall we do with all these containers in SH5 ports?
And why there are container cranes?
Containerships and intermodal containers not being in use until late 40s doens't mean our grandpa's had no shipping containers at all. Wooden crates and other types of non-standardized metal containers were probably used instead, and they needed gantry cranes to load/unload them. I think they used pallets and metal nets for linking many small crates together and speeding up the loading process.

Quote:
Annoyed by them I tried once some reskin with crate textures, but the outcome looked uglier than before.
Not only the mapping is confusing, but its difficult to match this greyish colour temper.
However to tell the truth, this is some minor problem.
I seemed to remember that the stock containers already looked like crates, but going by your statements above, I am obviously wrong. Completely re-skinning them without redoing their UV map is probably not going to be possible, but we can replace them with whatever we prefer, or even remove them. That is going to be a laborious task, but definitely possible

Quote:
As I saw this beautiful lighthouse with his great texture in SH5, I fear I became a little bit too enthusiastic.
Tweaking the ParticleGenerator does nothing.
At about 3500m away the lighthouse become visible from the bridge of the Uboat.
(But only if there is at least the water reflection controller inside the dat, even if there is obviously no water reflection.
When I delete this controller, than the lighthouse starts popping up at close distance.)
The flare is switched on suddenly at about 2700m.
Will playing around with goblineditor and contollers (trying this MinRenderDim too) and reporting, if something is changing.
If the particle generator as a GlobalScale and GlobalScaleFar factor, try increasing their Distance parameter...

Quote:
In opposite the flares of the lightship is visible at long range about 17km.
Its pretty cool to see them appearing at the horizon.
Obviously other rules for sea units, than for land units.
I think there's some confusion here: I thought that you had set the lighthouse as a terrain object (placed using TE). If that is the case, you can convert it in a land unit (placed using ME). There are many advantages in doing that, and one of them could be longer LOD ranges, but their addition to the game will probably require a campaign restart

Quote:
At the moment I do some testing if visibility at sea depends partly on the height of the light source, trying to place the lightship laterns on higher masts.
I don't think height on the horizon is taken into account for object visibility, but you better test it in game
gap is offline   Reply With Quote