View Single Post
Old 02-01-17, 10:29 AM   #466
Respenus
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well guys, there is no denying that our Great Game has found itself in a bit of a rut, with all of us silently focusing on building up our Empires and not on screwing up someone else's.

After talking to Raptor, we identified three points that could spice things up again:
  1. Updating the game to the latest version
  2. Bringing the Italian Unification Event chain back on track
  3. Finishing he Turko-Russian via a script, with border re-adjustments
The reason why we have not yet done Point 1 is because the 1.4 patch, as was originally released, was a buggy mess, with missing files and some very bizarre events popping up.

Fortunately for us, after 6 more months of extra work, the latest 1.4.03 version seems to be stable, with no reported problems from players during the past couple of months. As this new version brings changes to the AI's combativeness and diplomacy, it could also potentially solve Points 2 and 3.

I have tested this new version a bit by loading my latest save and everything appeared to be in its rightful place. Unfortunately, I could not run a turn to see what would happen in the long run, but it looks promising for now.

You will find the files and instructions for the latest version and event hotfixes at the following two links:

http://ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=50532

http://ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=51159

The patch download is huge (1.4GB) in order to avoid the missing files problem, but the the installation process is quite simple (Make sure you read the instructions!). If you have the HD space (cca 4 GB), I would recommend that you install it in a separate folder, just in case we will have to return to version 1.3 at some point in the future. If the update happens to screw some minor things over, we can always fix them via script adjustments, just like we have done in the past.

That is all for now and I hope to see you all on the "modern" side.

Respenus is offline   Reply With Quote