CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAdmiral
. I would like to
see the world ALIVE with activity everywhere and you just
happen to stumble into it as you move around the map...
JIM
i agree FA thankfully this is more or less what they've given us in SH3...

for my tastes all ive done is increase the frequency of the convoys taskfoces and their radio contact reports and left it pretty much like that..i still get bouced by DD's but these are patroling DD's that were there anyway they've just been alerted by a merchant or aircraft sighting...(which is pretty snazzy stuff!! )

thinking on here tho if an area needs a genuine patrol response to the player entering an area then placing a merchant (and an airbase) there with patroling dd's relatively close by will generate the desired effect, as the merchant will alert the airbase and the aircraft will alert the DD's...even frequently if the merchant hasn't spotted you-- get within a certain distance of him on the surface and the "domino" effect falls into place...seen this happen over and over again it's very satisfying to know that the DD's havent been generated on the fly- but were actually patroling nearby anyway and have very realistically been alerted by the aircraft..i hasten to add the neccessary AFAIK as who know what secrets the SH3 campaign engine has been keeping hidden lol! but theres the trick to this Col i think give it try see if it pans out

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote