View Single Post
Old 01-08-12, 09:10 AM   #8
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Gorschkov I don't want to get into a shouting argument with you but I think you are going over the top!
No. I have only tried to explain basic facts about Graviteam games versus SBPro PE game to other folks. In this thread it is primarily aimed at underlining basic difference between WW2 tanksim game which "Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942" really is and other game features modern tank combat but being masqueraded as "WW2 tank sim".

Quote:
I happen to have both SPB(since 2009) and Steel Fury( since 2008) and I love both but I don't confuse apples and oranges. SPB is a real simulator not a simulation game as SF.It's not perfect but good enough for many Nato armies and the gaming version is also far superior to anything else on the market currently.
Maybe SBPro is real tank simulator but my point is SBPro PE is vastly downgraded stuff being only simple graphically old-fashioned game made for civilian market and sold under "military grade SBPro simulator" fame. Therefore it is very important not to confuse SBPro with SBPro PE!

Quote:
SABoW looks interesting and I am considering pruchasing it but I don't think it's meant to compete in any way with SPB but just giving a take on a different era with tanks you don't find in other titles including SPB.
Yet I think exactly the opposite! I think SA:BoW is good simulator of modern tank warfare with great tactical planning capabilities added. Of course most modern tanks are not present there (yet!) but anyway playing it you can experience such things night fighting using IR sights which was impossible during WW2 except some experiments in this area with Panther-G tanks in 1945 or ballistic computer available in M60A1 - stuff that did not exist during WW2. As a result SA:BoW game engine is capable of handling modern tank warfare well in my opinion.

Quote:
If you care to share your love of that game then join us on Graviteam.com SF forum and make a valuable contribution and share the latest mods and missions.I am there very much present and active under the same handle.
So please explain to me one thing: Is this forum dedicated to SBPro PE game only or to entire tanksim games genre? If the latter is a case it sounds strange to ask me to go away to different forum. Maybe you should ask Skybird to go to eSim games forum, too?

Quote:
But plugging SABoW by bashing SPB on it's own sticky really does not impress me.
In this particular thread someone tried to advertise SBPro PE as a "WW2 tank sim" so I went in and presented my opinions about another tanksim which is real WW2-era tanksim along with all its advantages over "SBPro PE WW2" artificial construction. Additionally price argument is very important here for possible future buyers as I think.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 01-08-12 at 09:25 AM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote