View Single Post
Old 01-31-17, 06:52 AM   #63
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Kendras, in my opinion for the best look of the reefs, their on land property should be set to true and, unlike your picture, they should be placed where the seabed is almost flat (alternatively you can make the terrain below them flat using Terrain Editor). I am pretty sure that some models disappearing under the soil when placed on land is due to some errors from your part. Something I have noticed is that SHIII objects are not placed in game directly, but they are assembled together in dummy files through placement nodes. The absolute position of those nodes and that of the 3D model might dictate at which heigth each object is placed on land.
I will test several solutions in-game with your rock model.

Quote:
Where needed I can do some manual adjustements, but honestly I wouldn't like wasting too much time on some generic and pretty random rock models ;-)
Roger that.

Quote:
is the object collisionable?
Without my computer, I can already answer to this : Yes ! I already tried this issue by colliding the rock with my U-boot. The AI ships are also stuck if they are near the island. So, no need to have a .zon file with collision spheres ! But if you make this model a land unit, then you will have to create a .zon file with plenty of collision spheres, and this will require a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post