View Single Post
Old 02-21-11, 10:40 AM   #4
crackaces
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Night Operations

Quote:
I wish that the AI did it as well - that's one of my biggest gripes with the game so far actually. The lack of night-time formations and the piecemeal arrival of enemy fleets in every night battle always makes it much easier to get results you want at night - and avoid results you don't want. I wish the enemy night-readied themselves...
The behavior does favor aggressive night operations; however, still there are lots of decisions to make as I started this thread. For example, I pulled my ships in closer but I also missed picking up on cargo ships I intended to intercept during the night. A constant balance which makes the game interesting ..

In terms of night battles -- the "bouncing behavor" and consequinces thereof are my biggest gripes (already posted in gripes). The AC Black Prince showed up at night picked off a DD on the formations stern at 2.7 Km in the first 15 seconds, and became a ghost ship 1 minute later, only to immediately show up in a new battle ( seconds later in game time) off my bow hurting a CL ..and boucing off .. on the fourth bounce I finially got a 12" shot from a Pre-Dreadnought in the center of the formation and set the AC on fire .. when she slipped away to bounce with all fires gone and fully repaired enough to employ very accurate fire on another one of my CL's damaging her by suddenly showing up off the port side. That in my book is more annoying than the fact the Brit's arrive at night in somewhat spread formations
crackaces is offline   Reply With Quote