View Single Post
Old 05-04-12, 02:22 PM   #22
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Bubblehead, just delete the ini file in there with the report generator. That is the solution for those error messages.

1.) Delete the ini file
2.) Start up the patrol report tool
3.) Set your path to where your game is installed - the main folder where sh4.exe and the JSGME.exe, and MultiSH4.exe are. Make that folder be the blue highlighted folder. Don't worry if there are folders hanging below it like: Data, MODS, RegistrationReminder, Resources, and Support, or subfolders of Data.
4.) Click the button top right that says SetSH4Path. It will probably change to Change SH4path later.
5.) Close the report tool. Open the report tool and double click a saved game at sea where you have seen some action and saved before returning to base. Call it :'Last Save" or something then return to base.

Once that ini file is created and the tool can make patrol reports you are good to go from then on.

I'm trying to help, so if you know some stuff, maybe someone else doesn't.

Any error messages and the ini file has bad info and must be deleted and remade.

That's all...........

Happy Hunting!

Followed all your steps, got an error message that said cant find path C:/ , it was a long message. Disabled UAC , didnt change anything with the invalid file name message either. For some reason, this tool is not wanting to cooperate. I guess I will try install outside program files, just aggravating since thats where it installs by default.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote