View Single Post
Old 04-20-12, 05:14 PM   #26
11Bravo
Medic

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjast View Post
A word on the clocks... It's a long time since I played with this so I'm a bit 'rusty'

The 'Ship Clock' is the one that jumps forward or backward an hour whenever you cross a timezones 'halfway mark'. This I think is true to real life, where one of the ships navigators duties is to check/set the ships clock everyday, to the correct timezone.

The other clock was either set for GMT time or your Base's time zone. I think there was a problem when you loaded a saved game and this time was now swopped around or set to your current timezone. So each time you saved you must keep a record of the timezones

This of course would throw a navigator into a 'didley'...
vanjast!! Your mod was my inspiration to study navigation in SH3. Thank you for your remarks. I will test the effect of saved games after I get the accurate sextant built. I will be posting today some measurements of the distortion with the SH3 cameras that have prevented accurate star altitudes from being measured.
"Sounds of terror are in his ears; While at peace the destroyer comes upon him." -- Job 15:21
11Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote