View Single Post
Old 12-28-17, 02:01 PM   #12
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Default Who is Privateer? Part two

From the 60's space race and up to the later 70's? I spent many hours reading everything I could get my hands on about the computer revolution.
Dad had taken courses and was now a Machinical Engineer with a better job and access to manuals to some of the early mainframes and such IBM was putting into place.
He'd bring those home to learn and I'd get my sneaky hands on them.
I was VERY quick to become a Master Hacker!
Now back then? Hackers had an Honor Code that has long been forgotten by those that call themselves Hackers today.
I went under different names back then and I'll not discuss what those names were for obvious reasons!
We used some really nice home built devices to get free long distance calls and such. And attached to some of the early systems?
It didn't take many of us long to be inside Company, schools, Banks, and even Govt systems.
The very early days of what is now the Internet!
We had a Golden Rule back then. Do no harm. Leave no trace.
Seems that is out the window for some years now. And that does include some tools for SH3/4 which I will explain as I ramble on.
Roughly about that time Pong came out. Holy crap! That took my breath away as it was just a simple Game you hooked to your TV!
Computers had came into our homes and I needed to know how the heck did they do that?
I was off on a whole new learning experience now!