View Single Post
Old 06-03-10, 02:51 AM   #10
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
I meant to get back to this tonight but didn't get time. Don't worry about the AA guns, that will all be taken care of. Next step we start using the Akizuki files. And once it is playable then you can add or delete stuff as needed.
I did find there will be one extra step. The Akizuki uses a smaller Main gun. So we can't reuse the one on the Asashio, so we will need to make some extra entries.
If you do get the above stuff done. The next step will be to copy the Akisuki folder to the Asashio MOD. It will make it easier to work one step at a time with the extra folder.
1. In SH4 go to Data/Sea/ and copy the entire NDD_Akisuki folder to the Asashio MOD/ Data/Submarine folder. So the Data/Submarine folder will have two folders in it: the NDD_Akisuki and NSS_Asashio. Do NOT put the folder inside the NSS_Asashio folder only inside the Submarine folder.
2. Now rename the Folder to NSS_Akizuki, open it and rename all the file to replace NDD with NSS, leave the rest of the name exactly as it is, ONLY change the NDD to NSS.

I will try to do the rest of this tomorrow.

Peabody
Dont rush i can wait, getting help is not something you can demand, its soemthing that is grantet. And im werry happy that you have grantet me some of your help

Yup, its a smaller maingun. (but seems more effective overall)

Asashio (single purpose)

Bore5.0 inchesWeight4.2 tonsLength OA255.2 inchesWeight Projectile50.7 lbs.Muzzle Velocity3002 ft/sMax. Elevation+55/-7 degrees (+75/-7 in Type D mount aboard Yugumo class and Shimakaze)Max. Range20,100 yardsRate of Fire5-10/min

Akizuki (dual purpose)

Bore3.9 inchesWeight3.0 tonsLength OA264.9 inchesWeight Projectile28.7 lbs.Muzzle Velocity3314 ft/sMax. Elevation+90/-10 degreesMax. Range21,300 yards
42,650 ft. max. ceiling.Rate of Fire20-22/min

The more i read about Akizuki class the more impressed and confused i get.
Didnt know there original purpose was as AA cruisers.

**I know one thing first etc ** but
One thing im confused about is how you work with early war / late war armement. Doing the war ships got upgraded with especialy more AA guns is it posible to either make ships availiable by year (change ship in campaign) or to make upgrade packs with more AA guns doing the war. Or do you have to kinda find a balance between early / late war??

The initial work is going ok, on a coffe break right now and will put Tora Tora in the DVD player as background noise while my nose is wiping the craptop screen lol

Im so fortunate that i own a domain name and have acces to a company server. To avoid filefront and the normal "free" download sites i will make a "shipyard" where all interestet can upload there surface ships. Its sad to se the ships disapear because of "timeouts"

It would also be alot easyer to keep track on what have been done and who are doing what. Surface ships is abit minority and they tend to "sink" here at subsim. My site wount be a competitor to Neal or this community, more a work place for me to host my own stuf to avoid the publick files sharing sites, but alow acces to others to upload there files where they dont get deletet after X ammount of time.

I will anounce here when site is up

Done with the initial part slowly steaming ahead. Next step is PS, but only have that program on the stationary and dont want to sit in the "dark" now that the sun finaly got here

Now i will close the shipyard for this afternoon and pick up work again tomorow

L.T
Denmark

Last edited by L.T; 06-03-10 at 07:02 AM.
L.T is offline   Reply With Quote