View Single Post
Old 09-14-10, 03:27 AM   #93
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Although I never played a career, I very often saved and reloaded certain savegames for modding purposes, and I cannot remember the last CTD I had, even in heavily modded configurations. For me, SH3 (unprotected .exe) has been very stable and I've never understood all those people here lament about instability. These different versions could be the reason for that different behaviour and now I understand what privateer wrote. So I fully agree with LGN1. A fully modded, stable game is worth the little money. it's one box of cigarrettes.

On the other hand: Why buy the same game twice? This argument is also understandable.

Using the bsdiff/bspatch tools, it is very easy (for a person who has both versions: starforced and non-starforced) to make a binary difference of both versions and create a "transformation kit" which transformates starforced exe (plus .dlls) into non-starforced simply by applying the binary difference. this is exactly what I did: The patch V15A is simply the binary difference between my modded exe (with longer repair times) and the original exe.

bsdiff:
V15A = Modded exe - Original Exe

bspatch:
Modded exe = Original exe + V15A.

Since the original exe is required for this patching/transformation, it will only work for legal owners of the software, so that no illegal duplication of the software takes place.

@LGN1: Currently no progress regarding CO2. Still trying to automatically move the lazy 1WO on the bridge when surfacing. And to make the nearest visual contact report more inaccurate.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 09-14-10 at 07:25 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote