View Single Post
Old 07-31-07, 07:32 AM   #20
Payoff
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
Just did some more testing (just in test mode) to check the key change for firing - looks like it's going to work great.
This is going to be very cool - I really like being able to have multiple voice comands assigned to the same key/action, especially for things like diving (I've added "Clear the bridge" and "Lookouts below") and firing each tube. I know you still have to work a bit on the tube selection aspect, but I went ahead and set it up so "Fire one", Fire two", Fire three", etc. up to "Fire ten" all work, so I can now order the crew to fire the correct tube (assuming I've selected the right tube before I say it )

I hope there's a way to map a key/combo to open a specific tube door or doors - I'd love to be able to say "make ready all bow tubes", or "open outer doors on tubes 1 and 2" and have it actually work. I never really played using the keyboard much unless I had to (tried to use the mouse on everything possible) - with this though I'm going to have to rethink that, and check into all the possibilities of assigning keys to things I never would have messed with before.

Is there a list somewhere of every action that folks have figured out can be mapped to keys? That would be really handy for working with this speech thing (for example, can you map the weather report function to a key, or just to a button on the orders bar? - it would be great to be able to ask your watch officer for a weather report by voice command).
Yes all of that is possible and more. Have a look in the Commands.cfg file. There are a ton of commands that are functional but never mapped to a key. I have'nt fully customized my SHIV file yet, but in SHIII I had nearly 3 full keyboards of commands (using shift/control), just so I could issue orders verbally using Shoot. I am just the opposite of you when it comes to the mouse. Mouse clicking kills immersion for me. I try to only use the mouse to look around. I use a number of multiple commands for one phrase also. Here are a few from SHIII:
"Lower all masts" - both scopes & snorkel are lowered.
"Prepare to dive" - all masts are lowered & tubes closed & dive ordered.
"Silent running" - silent running is ordered & gramophone turned off.
"At ease men" - secure from silent running & the gramophone switched back on.
"Emergency Surface" - blow ballast-go to flank speed-surface-blow ballast.

I even mapped timed inputs for the arrow keys to walk the Free camera from one station to the next, climbing ladders & going through hatches and so forth based on a verbal command. Below are a few snippets from Commands.cfg

[Cmd315]
Name=Select_tube_1
Ctxt=1

[Cmd316]
Name=Select_tube_2
Ctxt=1

[Cmd317]
Name=Select_tube_3
Ctxt=1

[Cmd318]
Name=Select_tube_4
Ctxt=1

[Cmd319]
Name=Select_tube_5
Ctxt=1

[Cmd320]
Name=Select_tube_6
Ctxt=1

;NAVIGATION OFFICER
[Cmd250]
Name=Navigation_officer
Ctxt=1
GoBack=Navigator_view

[Cmd251]
Name=Choose_destination_point
Ctxt=1

[Cmd252]
Name=Plot_course
Ctxt=1,11
MnID=0x3F060001

[Cmd253]
Name=Return_to_course
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x56,C,"V"
MnID=0x3F060004

[Cmd254]
Name=Search_pattern_1
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F240002

[Cmd255]
Name=Search_pattern_2
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F240003

[Cmd256]
Name=Search_pattern_3
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F240004

[Cmd257]
Name=Report_time_to_turn
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x4e,Cc,"Ctl+N"
MnID=0x3F250002

[Cmd258]
Name=Report_time_to_course_end
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F250003

[Cmd259]
Name=Report_range_to_course_end
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x42,Cc,"Ctl+B"
MnID=0x3F250004

[Cmd260]
Name=Report_depth_under_keel
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x42,C,"B"

[Cmd261]
Name=Report_weather
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x56,Cc,"Ctl+V"
MnID=0x3F250006

Like I said I'm just getting started customizing my SHIV.

"Hit Shokaku class carrier with three out of six torpedos. Recieved 105 depth charges during three hour period. Heard four terrific explosions in the direction of target, two and one half hours after attack. Believe that baby sank!" Lieutenant Commander Herman Kossler USS Cavalla
Payoff is offline   Reply With Quote