View Single Post
Old 01-12-19, 12:57 PM   #7126
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The mileage has been shortened way in, so that there is a minimal chance of receiving a new assignment. There was a two-fold reason. Number one being that we didn't want folks getting assigned the SpecOps missions, which have not been edited yet. Number two, was to cut down on renown awarded to players, since the game seems to use the renown score over every other means of attempting to control when the game assigns new submarines. From what you and I have seen, the game even ignores the UpgradeClass numbers, in addition to ignoring availability dates. Therefore, basically speaking, just about everything below the "ContactReport" section in the DynamicMission.cfg file has been greatly restricted. We'll probably re-edit the file, move file assignments around, and make it work further down its list. I do want to get some Lifeguard missions going better than what they do currently though, before that happens.

Basically yes, but all ships have a zon file, just not all have an internal damage "model". Like, there is a 3D object that you see as a "ship", there is also a 3D object that you see as "damage" that can shine through "holes" in said "ship". There are spheres and boxes used in the zon file, along with "hit points" that determine when a ship has enough damage to "sink", but you may never "see" said "damage", dependent upon the ship "model". The way the "damage" is drawn, is why you might see a hole punched into a ships hull, but it gets "drawn" a few feet away from where you actually hit it...

If memory serves me correctly, there is also a damage model within certain ship model .dats and that also will provide "holes in hulls" when hit.