View Single Post
Old 05-04-10, 01:19 AM   #1562
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

I'm a little confused by this rotatable compass deal. Everything it seemingly does is done quicker and more accurately by simply using the "upside down" ruler tool, except AoB which can be done in two clicks as well via the protractor tool.

To find a course:
Quote:
Drag the nav map compass on to the top of the target. You can rotate the outer ring/ inner cross of the compass with the following keys… Q & E rotate outer ring/cross in 1 degree increments left/right.
shift + Q/E rotate outer ring/cross in 5 degree increments left/right.

using the keys outlined above, turn the cross inside the compass to match the "tail" of your target on the screen. You can then read off the target’s course by viewing where the cross is pointing to on the inner ring of the compass.
vs

Quote:
Click on the end of the target's "Tail", drag a line through the target in the direction of travel, read the number where the line crosses the compass rose
Don't get me wrong, the tech behind it is awesome, but it's just too inaccurate (2 degrees per hash, large space between outer ring and inner ring makes exact readings difficult) and cumbersome for me.

Are others finding this useful and I'm just dumb and missing something?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote