Old 08-29-09, 12:45 PM   #13
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Just a little update for everyone.

Palau Gauntlet does open in the V1.4 ME. I have found alot of inconsistencies in the settings and things. Try to isolate the factors that let it play in v1.4 but not v1.5. The mission plays very well in v1.4 (no mods), I tried it last night.

@Peabody

Maybe you can answer a question for me. The starting dates and versions dates on all ships in the mission did not match. The starting date of the mission is January 1, 1944. I've always thought that dates for all ships in a mission had to match the starting date of the mission. Is this true or not?

I plan to fool around with it some more tonight after I get home from work. I'll keep you guys posted.
The starting date of your sub can NOT be after the starting date of the mission, your sub must be there when the mission starts. There was a bug, I don't know if it got fixed, but I think it was the Gato that the version date had to match the starting date or you would not be able to select it. You could write the mission with the Gato but if the version date didn't match you got a different sub.
On the rest of the ships, they do not have to match, except the version date should not be 1945 on a 1944 mission. The version date is there in case the ship had any upgrades to it during the war. I don't even think it applies except for the BB Tennessee which has a 1938 version and a 1943 version.
The start date is there in case you want to start the ships before or after the mission starts. If you just leave it alone they will start when the mission starts (provided they were available at that time) If you put a date after the start of the mission they should spawn at that date.

If you have a start date BEFORE the start of the mission they start when the mission starts UNLESS you check "evolve from entry date". For example, usually you are writting a 'specific' mission and you want it to be the right time and place. But suppose you want to write a mission that has some unknown in it for yourself. Normally if you write a mission you know exactly when and where the ships are. But if you create a Jan 1944 mission put some ships in with waypoint going all over the place and then loop them back to waypoint 1 (or any waypoint so they continue in a big loop) you can set them to Nov 1943 and uncheck "delete on last waypoint" and check "evolve from entry date" and the game will start them moving in November of 1943 and calculate where they should be when the mission starts in Jan 44. So you won't know where those ships are because they have been going in a big "loop" for two months and could be anywhere. You will still know where the waypoints are but not 'specifically' where the ships are. So it will add a little challange for you as well as the other that play it. And if you add in some "alternate paths" they will randomly take different paths making it a bit harder to find them. So even though you wrote the mission, you will not know exactly where they are.

So a long explanation of a simple answer, no the ship start date does not have the match the start of the mission, they will start when the mission starts. Only your sub has to match.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote