View Single Post
Old 08-21-14, 11:57 PM   #29
Reckall
Watch

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

I understand the moderator's policy on this matter, but as the editor of that site I would like to give my two cents before going under the PM thermocline as requested.

Basically, all the videos are reviewed by me before being posted. As a cursory look at the site will show, I apply a strict policy when the video of a new game is posted: to specify under which patch the video was recorded.

The reasons, I hope, are obvious: if new patches are published, there is an immediate understanding that the video is outdated.

Regarding the idea that the video can mislead viewers, by using an older version of the game whereas the work on it has progressed via new patches, one only has to look to the date the video was released; he will be able to see that, by that date, the patch used was the most advanced one.

[Some videos, for a variety of reasons, are kept private, and YouTube shows the date the video was made public. There is nothing it can be done about that except to point messages from the people who asked/commented the video at an earlier date].

For obvious reason, I always try to very strict in applying this policy.

And that's all! Now I'll dive under the PM thermocline and try to avoid the moderators' deep ban charges. Wish me luck!

Vincenzo Beretta

Edit: Clarifications.
Reckall is offline   Reply With Quote