View Single Post
Old 03-20-13, 10:58 AM   #1527
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Don View Post
Thanks for the reply Silent Steel but still no luck. I had already edited the cfg file to read true. I backed up the SH5 Documents folder and the Mods folder,uninstalled the game ran cccleaner, reinstalled, patched, started the game and it started up fine but it still syncs to the server and recovers my save games that I had deleted from my machine. So I delete the saves again, then pasted in the SH5 file into documents and overwrote the one that was there, ran jsgme and pasted in the old mods folder, activated the sober mep, Started up the Game again. The game loads and I get the openhorizons splash screen, but still, every time I start the game the first thing it does is sync my save games to the server. I have the uplay set to start in offline mode, is there some other switch that I'm missing? I delete the save games from the saves folder but then it syncs and they come back. When I start the saves are all there. So onward, I start a new campaign, I type in silentotto, select the first campaign, i'm given the option to skip the tutorial which I do, the loading screen with sobers green spinning thing comes up, it loads for about 60 secs and dumps me out to the thanks for playing screen in uplay. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, anyone have an answer? Also I did start up one of my old saves that was restored and I could see that some of the mods were working. But I really want to start a whole new campaign using openhorizons. Thanks everyone
1) Clean out your Documents folder
2) Uninstall the game
3) go to (if I remember correctly) C:\Program Files (x86)\UPlay and delete it. I don't exactly remember the location as I'm at work and can't check it (it is somewhere in Program Files - the launcher itself has a folder. It must go. It will elliminate ALL of your saved games forever.. Well, untill you save new ones).
4) repeat what Silent recommended

In the future, you can use TDW's .exe patcher that now fixes this annoying pain!
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote