Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-16-18, 07:13 PM   #6490
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So, did you CTD, did you get retired, or did the game just hang, and you went to a black screen? In other words, what were the issues with going on patrol?
CTD at the start of the patrol
Quote:
How much of the troubles you had were before having other mods in FotRSU?
at the end, none...because i was able to sail for almost a year in a Gar. the problems started with the Balao.
Quote:
But you don't recall looking at your renown score prior to, or after getting the Balao? Also, each start in FotRSU should assign you renown, even if we leave it out of the CareerStart 'definitions', the game has a minimum of 500 renown points when you start a new career
ok, i must correct my previous statement, your honor. when i restarted by career in a Balao in early 1943 i would have had something less than 2000 starting points....because i successfully upgraded my deck gun and my AA guns before starting the patrol and immediately CTD.

please do not misunderstand my comments on FOTRSU. i.am.not.complaining.
i developed systems and subsystems and interface programs for 30 years. there are always unexplainable and unexpected features when the system goes live. if we ever get together for a beer i can bore you to sleep with stories.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote