View Single Post
Old 04-16-18, 10:59 AM   #1307
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Don't touch it unless you are sure what you are doing is good advice.

Speaking of adjusting files that affect the game, I'll pop this in here.... (although I may be committing heresy). I recommend you try RFB by itself over the Stock install & campaign (with the Special Missions corrected) and get a feel for RFB in its 'pure' form. If you really want a different campaign than Stock, then there is an off site campaign; 'Guerrilla Submarines Spyron Mod' campaign you can find with a search engine that you might like.

RSRD is a good campaign mod and many people like it however it may change some files in RFB that may have you playing 'RSRD Boat' instead, with its settings, some of which may be different than the carefully adjusted files in the RFB mod.

RFB doesn't correct the Special Missions, however Dgreyson aka Florida Sailor made a mod that corrected them. His mod is probably around here somewhere, or should be.

Happy Hunting!
RSRD doesn't change or alter how RFB functions, only the game's campaign layer structure, so you're going to get RBF in its "pure" form whether you use RSRD or not.

I'm not a fan of the stock campaigns, special missions or not. Frankly, I don't see any point in running RFB without RSRD (or the compatible OM, for that matter), and there is no reason not to run them both other than personal preference. Others choose to run stock campaigns and that's fine.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote