View Single Post
Old 09-04-11, 09:03 PM   #2
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I haven't been this happy to find my F4 CD since it accidentally fell through my desk drawer 11 years ago and left me falcon-less for 2 months. And here I thought I'd never be needing to look for it again

Wow, this is incredible. I was skeptical about it till the last moment (can't be real! can't be as good as they say! something seems fishy!), that is till the moment I had it flying on my desktop. The new cockpit system is a work of art, and the feel and smoothness of the flight model is absolutely incredible. It also helps that the engine now runs at relatively high FPS without any real stuttering, and that really lets the flight model shine. No more plane on rails! I have a feeling once the terrain tiles are totally re-skinned and up-ressed and some new objects are added to the map, this will give DCS a run for its money in the looks department.

Otherwise the feel of this is un-beatable. If the campaign still works like it used to (and hopefully better), I think I may be in heaven with this. I think nearly 13 years after its release, Falcon is about to definitively reclaim its crown as the best flight sim ever

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote