View Single Post
Old 06-27-18, 10:56 AM   #2
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

It's not that the mod(s) are "broken"....the Stock game is broken!

The mods you've listed do not attempt to correct the Stock game.....so, you've got differing Range calculations coming from the manual use Stadimeter, when compared to map measurements, or especially Range findings from other AI sources like Sonar.

If you were to use the Sonar Station as your source of gaining Range to a target (following the procedure of sending a "ping" on a relative bearing to a suspected target; getting the repeat "ping" returned; then "Send" the found Range to the TDC) you'd get accurate, down to the meter accurate Range calculation! But, when compared to the visual Stadimeter process that's provided only when you are using "Manual Targeting"...….You'll not find the two Range calculations are the same. Sometimes, to the point of finding the Stadimeter found Range is off by half the true distance (either higher or lower in distance)!!

My "Optical Targeting Correction" corrects the errors found in the Stock game, giving you a reasonably accurate stadimeter found Range.

The only trouble, I don't have an OTC version for the "Training Wheels" mod for TMO 2.5.

I suggest you cleanout your mod list, run a 'Compare Snapshot" from JSGME on your Stock game files (or completely reinstall), delete your Documents/SH4 folder, then use the regular TMO 2.5, plus it's " Small Patch".

After that, use "THIS" version of OTC for the above two mods. I'm going out on a limb (I don't know for sure), but those other "visual" mods in your list MAY be fine to use. However the "wTw 2.50 Max Optics with Crosshair" won't be needed....it's already in OTC.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote