View Single Post
Old 09-02-08, 08:01 AM   #1052
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky
Thank you very much. Sure I'll try!, although I guess he has changed also some textures and colors, in order to make the sea so realistic (even more than in OLEC, IMHO, which is already a very nice/real env) as seen in his mod (?).

BTW, in my last post I did a typo:

"I don't like the lack of two levels of zoom, but I like to see the sea waves at full scale, and not a flat sea, so I think I'll try to use the Special version if I can (instead of can't ) get rid of the dark look. "
Yes, han did a great deal of work on it. The WAC3 sunlit daytime environment sometimes looks much better than OLCE2 even to me. I get a bit jealous!

Regarding light/dark:
Some things in OLC GUI Special are darkened simply by using darker TGA images for them. Others are darkened by adding a semi-transparent black layer over the top. I won't go into the reasons why but these were not whimsical decisions. Anyway, the simplest way to brighten things up would be to go through every TGA in the mod and:
1) Leave "undarkened" images alone.
2) Double the brightness of the darkened images.
3) Make all the semi-transparent black layers into fully-transparent layers.

That should do the trick.
But if you like the ubermod and stick with it, I'd wager that sooner or later you'll want that dark GUI back.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote