View Single Post
Old 07-18-08, 04:29 AM   #52
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
Well come on. Throw the dog a bone, just because i wasn't there tonight doesn't mean i dont want to know what went on :hmm: .. A few caps. or a bit of after action reporting woudn't go a miss
We flew two sorties. The first one was an air superiority mission above our own airfield, and that's exactly what we did: Demonstrated our superiority over empty air. No Poles showed up. The landing went as usual, and this was the sortie with the "obstacle course" of five crashed 109s

Our mission for the second sortie was the same(protect the airbase, not crash our planes), so a few guys took a peek at the enemy's side to see what they were up to, and we decided to do a fighter sweep towards one of their airbases a good distance behind the lines. After an uneventful ingress we began to circle the airfield at 5000 meters, but cloud cover prevented us from seeing much of what went on below. We were already noses towards home when first three, then another three and then a few more P.11s materialized from 12 o'clock, and a good old furball developed. A bunch of P.11s were shot down along with a few of our own, while the rest retreated back to the base chased by P.11s, which strafed the airfield after we had landed. Personally I claimed two enemies shot down which were both confirmed, and I think Raptor rammed one, but I don't know about the rest. Once everyone was more or less safely down we made a swift exit out of the mission before the P.11s got us on the ground

Last edited by Fincuan; 07-18-08 at 05:56 AM.