View Single Post
Old 08-18-15, 07:24 AM   #8
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I just got the game and am climbing the learning curve. First thoughts: this is TWO games, the turn based strategic one (you can't win if you don't win this one) and the real time tactical battle. I quickly found that I was intuitively good at the tactical battle but am still getting a handle on the strategic.

My initial strategy will be to fight tactical battles automatically and concentrate on the strategic aspect. Warning! Tactical battles can be very long and they are nail-biters to be sure! Beautiful ship modeling and the water is plenty adequate. I love the smoke and fire. It is a little hard to click on individual guns because the ship is moving with the waves and its own power. When your mouse leaves the gun the dialog box goes away.

I'll be doing some screenshots and video of what the game looks like and explaining a little bit (as much as I presently understand, subject to correction and refinement) about how things work.

I'm especially interested in the strategic aspect as I'm a veteran of the sacred Avalon Hill games Stalingrad, Africa Corps, Gettysburg and Jutland. Was always frustrated at the limitations of board games and the strategic and tactical games here are what board games always dreamed they could be.

Anybody expecting this to be Borderlands 2 with non-stop action and fragging is going to be disappointed. The game is long and thoughtful. But if you're interested in simulations you aren't looking for Borderlands 2 anyway. Stay tuned!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote