View Single Post
Old 04-26-12, 03:38 PM   #30
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanaiba View Post
I would contest the success of Warbirds and Aces High but then again, if they survived as long as they did, works for me But you have to remember that in both games you would pay a monthly fee in order to play!

BTW, COD is not the first game to have XP, levels and unlocks. The thing about unlocks is that they actually serves to gradually introduce features to the player without overwhelming him from the start. Would a game work without them? Sure.

I did work on SHO as a consultant for a couple of months before leaving Ubi. It has some potential. Will it replace SH3/4/5? Negative, I don't think it will, its a different game with a sliglty different target. But they do want to get the Subsim guys to like it, they're very careful about it.

If it turned out anything like what was on paper when I left, it should have some interesting tricks up its sleeve, things that you've never been able to do in the SH series before.

Its free, may be worth a try, right?

Dan
We shall see. I'll judge it by it's own merits for sure. I worked on BF3 which had a pretty lame implementation (gotta level up to get flares on your jet) and if it's anything like that my interest will take a crashdive*. I just don't care for that type of grind where you are forced to start off with the lowest-tier equipment.

*It's already diving just because it's WW2 Uboats again. I would much prefer an online game with some Sturgeon-on-Victor III action.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote