View Single Post
Old 03-16-11, 04:11 PM   #77
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Great work, TDW. Thanks a lot for the new version!

@Rubini:

Are you still working on this? I guess you do it via spawning small bolds when depth-charges explode If yes, do you know whether Bolds affect hydrophones or only ASDIC?

Cheers, LGN1
Hi LGN1,

(excuse me for hijack the thread again TDW...well, at least the below exposed have something in common with your mod idea)

The addition of bolds just replacing the virtual DC as they are on the TDW mod didn't work in the end. At first I thougth that it worked (is difficult to test, the fake bold "noise" effect is a bit subjective issue).

I added a bold object/effect to a real DC under water explosion effect (the same idea on the TDW fire damage mod - he added a virtual DC to a know effect - the fire) but it gives CTD. Later I understood why/the sutil difference: Sh3 manage differentely objects that are made for player use (torpedos and bolds are good example) in contrast with others objects like bombs, DC, etc.

In others words, a full working virtual torpedo or a full working virtual bold are both yet impossible to we handle without SDK.

So, no dice with DC making noise/disturbance until now!

(Hopes that you understand me, my english is worst than ever)