Old 09-27-10, 08:47 AM   #223
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
New version V15B online.

New: Inaccurate (and hopefully more realistic) range estimations for Watch Officer and Weapons Officer. No gods-eye firing-solutions anymore.

Before this mod: "Range: 8932m, Herr Kaleun".
Now: "Range: 9000m, Herr Kaleun".

The range estimations now are displayed (and of course internally used for firing solution) in certain range-steps, which become larger (more inaccurate) for larger ranges. In detail:

Range 0000-1000m: Steps: 50m (Weapon Officer) 100m (Watch Officer)
Range 1000-2000m: Steps: 100m
Range 2000-4000m: Steps: 200m
Range 4000-9000m: Steps: 500m
Range 9000-12000m: Steps: 1000m
Range > 12000m: Steps: 2000m

The maximum possible error of the range estimation is Step/2. E.g. for ranges between 2000m and 4000m the step size is 200m, so that the estimation error is max. 100m.

Patch V15B must be applied to unpatched sh3.exe (see 1st post for instructions).

All numerical values used in my mods (ranges, range steps, repair time factor) now are put together in a special data section in the .exe and can be individually adjusted using an Hex-Editor. But this is for advanced users only. In the future I'll post the Hex-Positions and Data Format of all relevant numbers, so that individual adjustments are possible. Also all modifications can be switched on/off individually. The switches are also located in the data section.

(This maybe gives potential for a special configuration program that helps non-experienced users to adjust.)

Hope you like it.

h.sie

By the way: Thank you all for helping with suggestions and positive or negative resonance.
Great news H.Sie !! congrats ....!!!!!
oh ...i really like the WO behaviour now !! you are doing a fine job here !!!

and ,also, it is great that you will post the Hex-positions,data formats for individual adjustments ! that means that we can change the range 'faulse' to fit to our tastes ,right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi h.sie,

the main differences are:

'1) My "friend" here can move at varied depths and even surface.'

Sergbuto's u-boats are either submerged or surfaced.

'2) He can be spawned by radio messages once you sight a convoy.'

Sergbuto's u-boats only appear when scripted in the campaign layers. There is no connection to the player's action.

I guess Iambecomelife uses the 'airplanes' to simulate the sub. If I am right, it would be great because you could create 'airbases' in the atlantic with u-boats as the only 'squadrons'. Then if you send a contact report there is a chance that u-boats are spawned and attack. So, sending a contact report could result in some kind of wolfpack action And all you need is to add some airbases to the campaign_lnd layer (and the airbase definition and sub 'airplane').

It seems to be great work from Iambecomelife. I hope he releases something soon. It seems to be a great step towards better wolfpack actions.

Cheers, LGN1
this guy ....Iambecomelife is full of (real good) surprises.....

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote