View Single Post
Old 02-11-17, 11:12 AM   #18
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
When I was adjusting these parameters, the first attempt the bow was underwater! Same inclination as all the flower class corvette plans I own on my PC. But in game To Far!!
Yes :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
@Kendras I was able to make the Translation in the .Sim File and .Dat File.
.Dat The Node for NCO_FlowerMOD = Y Translation = 0.015, X Rotation = 0.005. in the .Sim, unit_Ship, obj_Hydro, Debug, Params =False, GC = True, SD = True, mass = 0, gc_height = 0.0, fr_ratio =0.5, Surfaced, displacement = 940, draught = 0, Submerged, draught = 0. all the 0's will put the Parameters like Gravity Center Height ( taken from half the Geometric bounding box ) and Draught for Surface and Submerged ( The object's draught[m]. If 0, then it is taken from the object's global position )
CORRECTION :

.Dat
The Node for NCO_FlowerMOD = Y Translation = 0.015, X Rotation = 0.005. : this changes nothing, you can set 0 for all, the result is the same.

The only thing that will change the inclination on X axis is to change it in Wings 3D.

.Sim, unit_Ship, obj_Hydro

Debug, Params = False, GC = True (you can set "False"), SD = True (you can set "False"),

mass = 940
gc_height = I advise you to set half the value of the surfaced draught. If less, the ship will be more stable . If higher, the ship is more likely to capsize when sinking.
fr_ratio = 0.5

Surfaced :
- displacement = 940
- draught = 0 : if you set a number here, you can control precisely the height of the hull in the water.

Submerged :
-
displacement=0
- draught = 0. or something higher than surfaced draught. Not sure, but I think that the ship will sink only if her hull is deeper than this value ...