View Single Post
Old 04-18-19, 06:04 PM   #79
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Ever since this thread was started, long ago, I have been looking for something that would give a sense of what Hollywood like; mst of the clips I found were either of just the 'touristy' bits of Hollywood or were not really representative of the 'feel' of the area. The 'main drag' of Hollywood, sort of its 'downtown' is the part of Hollywood Blvd. between the famed intersection of Hollywood & Vine and the far end of the commercial strip ending at La Brea Ave., about a mile west of Vine St. I just found this clip, posted to YT last May, 2016. The person who shot it gives a good POV of his walk down the Blvd; it starts out at the far west end heads east to Vine St., where he crosses the street and walks back to his starting point. The clip appears to have been shot on a weekday; on weekends, the sidewalks are more crowded, and, during the summer vacation months, June thru August, the sidewalks become an obstacle course. For those of you who have never been to Hollywood Blvd and have only heard of it as a famous place, well, hate to disappoint y'all, but, as can be seen, its a pretty mundane place. Now, if there had been a similar clip done, say, 30 odd years ago, it would have been much more vibrant and interesting...

<O>