Old 05-31-11, 11:11 AM   #69
Helmsly
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
Hello there

I just decided to re-install SOF. My computer at the time it came out really didn't handle it well and it had just never made it's way back on to my PC until I started reading about this mod recently. My only problem is however the German. I know it is only a small portion of the text, but I am admittedly useless in anything but English and a bit of Quebec French.

Is there anything I can do during install to minimize the amount of German this mod inserts into the game? Maybe leaving out new menu screens etc where it will not mess up any new options you may have added. (I don't know if there is anything new in the menu.. can't read it! lol)

Any advise would be welcome, and thanks for working on mods for this game.
Before I installed this excellent mod I made a copy of my game (Copy of 1914 - Shells of Fury).

After I installed the mod I also noted a lot of German in the menus.

To help alleviate the issue a little I copied the menu files from my original copy to the mod copy. All the files were in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\1914 - Shells of Fury\Game\Textures\MenuScreens

I copied all the files in the "MenuScreens" folder from the original copy to the modded copy.

There are still a few places with German but the main menus and graphic settings are all in English once again. As a bonus - The Kurs West splash screen is still in place too.

I hope that helps.

Also, thanks much for a great mod!
Helmsly is offline   Reply With Quote