View Single Post
Old 05-05-11, 07:02 AM   #25
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Ok then, I stand corrected. I've been comparing apples to oranges!!

One thing I notice about your Fubuki.sim file is you have commas (,) between many of the numerical entries. They need to be changed to decimals or dots (.) as sometimes they are called now. Take for instance the parameter in the lower "Value" changing area called "The objects up-down drag coef", it should read 0.05 not 0,05 (if that's the value you want?). Not using the right syntax will have the computer overlook the entry. Could be why the Fubuki isn't doing what's expected.

Also, I'm not entirely sure you need (or want) two different values in the "Mass = 1730" parameter and the "Submerged, displacement = 1819" parameter. I think you can eliminate the "Mass = 1730" value completely from the file and only the "displacement = 1819" will be needed. I'm no expert, but I think you should only have one of these two entries listed.

From an 'outsiders" point of view why would the Fubuki want a "Submerged displacement" value anyway? Wouldn't it need a "Surfaced displacement" value instead? Of course, I realize the object is to have the Fubuki playable (like a submarine) so maybe that's why the displacement value is placed there? Just wondering out loud.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-07-11 at 06:19 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote