Old 02-19-17, 07:24 AM   #4471
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
Hi all,

I've been using this mod for over a year now. When i started playing SH4 i read about these 2 megamods , TMO and RFB and i picked TMO at random. I've never run into any issues.

However, i recently checked out the manual to look for cool stuff i may not know about and i've noticed it's said there that the optimal cruise speed is "standard". This is not true in my game. I've used the "maximum range at current speed" many times and i've always noticed 2/3ds is the most efficient, usually giving me about 30% more range over standard speed.

I was just wondering if this is an error in the manual , a potential error in my installation or if the navigator's estimations are wrong.

Thank you.
hi,
the fuel ranges in SH4 have certain issues which result from the fact that SH4 is built on the SH3 code which assumed 2 engines vs 4 for a Fleet Boat and the SH world is flat which is a bigger issue in the Pacific.

Ducimus increased the range of all boats so you can comfortably transit to your patrol area at "standard" speed and then patrol at 2/3 speed.

2/3 speed does give you the max range, but when used with TMO will give an excissevely long range.

I have been using TMO for years. It is a fine mod, a good base which you can tweak to your personal taste.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 02-19-17 at 07:47 AM.
Bilge_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote