View Single Post
Old 11-12-17, 05:43 PM   #45
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Sorry about that mark bonamer. You said UPC, and for some reason, I did my 1968 Space Cadet imitation and said EQP. The sub's torp loadouts are in the UPC, the Tubes are in the SIM. There is also a Weapons.upc and an Ammunition.upc file down in the UPC folders, and in the Save folder. The torps themselves are in their own Torpedo_US.dat etc. files. I rely heavily on CapnScurvy, s7rikeback and keltos01 for proper linking of the files... my mind goes numb when I try

You'll see lines like this in the UPC file for the Gato:
Line 1326: IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1944-04-01, TorpedoTube21inUS, Mk14Torpedo
Line 1326: IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1944-04-01, TorpedoTube21inUS, Mk14Torpedo
Line 1327: IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault2= 1944-04-02, NULL, TorpedoTube21inUS, Mk18Torpedo
Line 1327: IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault2= 1944-04-02, NULL, TorpedoTube21inUS, Mk18Torpedo

The "NULL" designation means either "from the beginning" or "to the end", whatever the game supplies as a date, so the 14s re-load upon re-fit until April 1st, 1944, and then the Mk18s will load until the end of the game.

The S18 & S42 boats at Manila have:
Line 1221: IDLinkBunker=BowTorpedoRoom
Line 1222: IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, TorpedoTube21inOldUS, Mk10Torpedo
Line 1222: IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, TorpedoTube21inOldUS, Mk10Torpedo

(I didn't get my "copy" exactly the same, but you'll get the gist). There the Mk10 loads the whole time... If you have Notepad++, do a "Search" on the word "torpedo", and you should find those lines. If they're not very similar... There are quite a few more lines after those that describe the tubes and loadings... In the save folder, the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file might have what's on your boat in that Save Game folder. On my computer it's E:\Users \propbeanie \Documents \GFO \data \cfg \SaveGames \00000001 \UserPlayer... etc. I use MultiSH4, hence the "GFO" instead of "SH4" for the folder.

At the present time, my laptop has decided to once again quit, and I can't get to my GFO, THEBERBSTER Style. So I'm using my Webster's GFO on a different computer. My project for tomorrow will be to blow the laptop away and re-do the whole thing. 'Course, I say that every 3 or 4 days, and then the computer starts working again...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote