View Single Post
Old 04-14-18, 06:24 PM   #74
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Bringing down cruise missiles by ECM, and shooting them down, are two things, and I doubt that Syria is capable to perform strong in c ECM. Russia - is another case. ECM, like radar as well, is a speciality of theirs. For the Syrian claim of 13 downed missiles, there currently is no further evidence given. Although expecting a 100% reliability in any released wave of missiles is not realistic either. Some of the world'S most capable air defence systems currently are operating in Syria, if counting Russian-operated and Syrian operated platforms together.

The number I asked about from last year, that 36 of 59 Tomahawks have been brought down in last year's attack, I researched futher. I do not trust it too much, since I found the original source behind this number seems to have been the Russian defence ministry itself. I found no credible source for this claim. On German sites, it was also claimed that some of those cruise missiles were brought down by already installed superior Russian anti-missile lasers on ships. Another claim I do not trust too much, since a.) there are not that many Russian ships at Syria, and b.) these claims again got spread by apparently pro-Russian sites.

Propaganda warfare.