View Single Post
Old 10-15-17, 03:12 AM   #173
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoun View Post
file downloads match , all good there. been pc'ing since 1983 and game modding since a few years after ... don't think I've ever seen anything like this before - SH3 runs fine, LSH runs fine ... WAC locks on campaign load. very odd
Man, I completely, and utterly share your pain.. SH3, in particular, drove me mad more than a 1000 times at this point.. Sadly, SH3 still is, as far as I am concerned, the best WW2 submarine simulation around, so either suck it up or go home..

In your situation I would probably get rid of it all and start out from scratch.. Like delete the documents folder, too, install from CD/steam et cetera..

@MADLOU

if you are using H.Sie's fixes, you might wanna look into this (quote from H.Sie's manual ("Readme_V16B1.pdf": inside "H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit" folder, p.8)):
Quote:
18. Torpedo Failure Fix

This Fix tries to model the torpedo crisis until 1942 and also tries to model duds resulting from too shallow torpedo depth settings. Fig. 1 below illustrates the function of the Torpedo Failure Fix. The depth D1 is equal to the windspeed-dependent wave amplitude. Torpedoes above D1 are surface runners and lead to a failure probability of p = 98% (see red line in Figure 1).

Depth D1 can be calculated as follows:

D1 = 0.25 · Windspeed = Windspeed / 4.

The depth D2 can be calculated:
D2 = 0.4 · Windspeed = 4 · Windspeed / 10.

Water below depth = D2 is assumed to be calm. Torpedos below D2 will have a low failure probability of p = po. The value of po depends on the time (torpedo crisis until 1942) and the pistol chosen (magnetic/impact). Details see below. The area between the depths D1 and D2 is the area of turbolences. Here, the failure probability sinks linear with rising depth from p=98% at depth = D1 to the small value of p=po at depth = D2.

Last edited by ValoWay; 10-15-17 at 03:24 AM.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote