View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 11:07 PM   #845
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Peabody, you could in fact have a scuttle a ship mission.

You'd need to clone the ship in question, then damage the clone. Not "in game" but damage the MODEL. Mess with the dat and zon files so she lists, whatever. Then have that ship appear in the player mission (only) at whatever time.

You can also avoid the rec manual entry for it. If you made a new warship type not in the list at the top of names.cfg, it will work, but won't get a rec manual entry. Since this ship would only appear explicitly, and ONCE, it can be such a type.

This can be used for other stuff as well.
I understand what you are saying, but the comment he made:

Quote:
The players of this mod could be happy if some of their missions include that they have to just finish off badly damaged enemy capital ships (battleships, carriers etc) as it would give lots of renown with a small number of torpedoes
I understood him to mean a ship that really is damaged during battle or by a plane so you may only need one torpedo to finish it off. I don't know of anyway to give the ship "real" damage. Possibly combine the two ideas with making the 'hitpoints' so low you could finish it off with one torpedo, that would be a possibility using your idea of pre-damaging (is that a word?) a ship.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote