View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 08:56 AM   #240
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I think expectations are fine. They usually are a function of promises made. The developers give a an overview of their project, outlining features, timelines and so on.

That's normal. What is not normal in the case of Star Citizen is that virtually none of that has been met. Above, a roadmap was posted. Have CIG met any of their roadmaps on time? It seems a reach to use these roadmaps as a measure of progress when until now they've been virtually meaningless.
I disagree - the expectations were NOT set correctly. The scope had massive expansion which not only meant longer time, but a bigger team needed to be hired.

What was not outlined correctly was:
1) Games of this size takes 5-10 years to make (if you already have a dev team and tools)
2) We dont have a dev team - we need to hire
3) We dont have tools - we need to develop them as we go along.
4) This scale of 2 games has never been done before from scratch.

Since they started using quarterly releases they have followed through on those releases since 3.0. However some elements was pushed and some was delivered in patches. If you consider the speed of their development over the past 12-18 months they have delivered more and more and at a higher speed than earlier, which follows the premise of getting their tools and tech in place.

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
McBeck is offline   Reply With Quote