View Single Post
Old 03-24-17, 05:44 PM   #2411
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Another stomping-feet-day for little Donald not getting his will. That will not stop of course those who still see him as the messiah reincarnated on Earth. In alternative fact it is not a defeat but a fake-defeat, and probably it is an alternative victory then, but what do I know about the art of using words in most meaningless manner. Several Republicans nevertheless said the counter-Obamacare bill "is dead" for this legislation period. Trump tried to blackmail them, to intimidate them, and to bluff them. He was called on his cards, and lost. Very big loss of prestige and reputation. Good poker players know that he made a big mistake there.

On another thing: some days ago they had a short docu on TV, shot on US metropoles' streets and in rural places as well, and they interviewed fans of Trump and tried to find out why these people support him. A very confusing fact was that many of them admitted freely that they knew/were certain/were quite aware that he lies, and that he is distorting things and not tells the truth on almost every occasion possible. What is confusing, alarming, worrying, troublesome is that these people still stay loyal to him and said "But I don't care that he lies", and "He still is our man."

They know, they say, he is a liar, but they do not care, they say. This sounds like the ultimate hopeless-case scenario to me. If people frankly admit they do not care whether their leaders lie or not, and just nod it off and say "I don't care, I still support him", then everything seems to be lost indeed.

I wonder in how far this is linked to this study's object on hopelessness and raising suicide rates and self-harming behaviour amongst white non-Hispanic men in the past one and a half decade:
http://www.pnas.org/content/112/49/15078.full.pdf
Quote:
This paper documents a marked increase in the all-cause mortality of middle-aged white non-Hispanic men and women in the United States between 1999 and 2013. This change reversed decades of progress in mortality and was unique to the United States; no other rich country saw a similar turnaround.
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Can you list the claims she has made in that regard?
I did not say the made claims, I said she claims, in the meaning of making claim for something. If I messed up correct language here I'm sorry, if not, my reply to your question would be the problem is that she is in a position where she she should not be, seems to claim in all naturalness responsiblities that she should be banned to have, claims access to secret information she is not legitimised to get, and in general simply is in a place where she ought to have no business to do. None of his family should have any position in his government, since all his children have private business interests that should automatically ban them from holding any positions in the government club. This all is as classic a conflict of interests as "classic" can mean. That Trump calls them in, is nepotism. What they perform, is dynastic politics. They have to leave, unconditionally. And Trump should have sold his own businesses not to his family that he now includes in the government, but to third parties.

Sorry, that are the rules, Donald.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-24-17 at 06:01 PM.