View Single Post
Old 03-23-17, 05:47 PM   #2408
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Are those the same poll takers that had Trump loosing the election by 10-20 points?

As for the health care bill. The failure would not be Trumps. If it doesn't pass it'll be the GoP led Congress that failed to put a it on his desk to sign in spite of claiming to have a working replacement plan for nearly 8 years. I seriously doubt that fact will be lost on anyone although i'm sure the democrat press will attempt to blame it on Trump.

And what the heck is that crack about his daughter supposed to mean?
He did not brought up the support he needed and did not manage to have enough supporters rallying around him. That is what is his defeat, his loss in prestige, his fail. The last defeat fail in a now logner list of defeats and fails. We can split hairs on what term matches best, but it is not needed. He once again got stopped, and not for the first time.

His daughter has started to behave as if she could claim any electorial or administrative legitimation, but she has none. Her rank is not inheritable, but they behave in that Trump clan as if it were based on the rank of her father. - After the row over the Kennedys and their family-focussed cabinet, your country introduced laws that in the future should prevent such meddlings because it increases the chance for nepotism. But violating these rules and habits is what the Trumps are practicing now. A conflict of interests between family business interests, and the demand of the office. The smell of nepotism lies heavy in the air. Trump handed over his businesses to his sons and daughters, and then gives these highly infuential, dominant psoitions in the government crew? Unacceptable. That does not just smell like nepotism - that IS nepotism.

The White House stinks like that huge hill of fish they piled up in New York in that movie, in order to lure Godzilla out of the sewers.

Not even mentioning the three investigations running by the FBI, the Senate, and the Congress, and CNN's latest claims about Trumps team contacts to Russia during campaign. That could indeed lead to impeachment, even if Trump does not get personally accused.

I am not surprised that Trump faces such a load of problpöems, and that he creates himself so many challenges and enemies. I am surprised however by the speed at which he drives it all frontally against the wall. I thought that he would not make it beyond year 3 or 4 - but that after less than 90 days he already is where he is now, that surprised me indeed. I expected more time to pass.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-23-17 at 05:55 PM.