View Single Post
Old 01-23-12, 01:19 PM   #9
Texans Fanatic
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_Rocky View Post
I sooooo miss this game! And I sort of quit trying to play it once the text disapeared. Will reinstall it and see if the ALT + F4 helps, because there was no use trying to play a campaign if you could not properly exit.

Wonder if anyone ever attempted to "FIX" the font problem so the text would show up? Perhaps it is just a setting in the INI file? Or a registry entry perhaps?

And what a SAD SHAME that Hascrap killed this game and Gunship! They both had awesome potential
Yes it was a shame. I am a tank sim collector, and have Steel Beasts Pro PE. SB Pro is a great sim and is indeed light years ahead of M1 Tank Platoon 2. That said, its also waaaay more complex than M1TP2, and one battle could take hours. Sometimes I like things more simple, and that's when I fire up M1TP2 . Forget about trying to run it on Windows XP, Vista, or 7. What I did was built a windows 98 retro machine out of old parts I had lying around. AMD 1400 Ghz, 528 MB PC 133 RAM, OLD NVIDIA Geforce graphics card. I'm using Direct X 9. You don't need much power (by today's standards) to run this sim.
Texans Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote