View Single Post
Old 06-18-17, 01:51 PM   #70
Ed
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SH "Wolves GOLD"

Will pass this on for what its worth.

I purchased a Dell 8900 W10, 24RAM, Raedon 480(I think) i7-7700, 256 SSD to replace my 6 yr old Dell 8300 W7(a great machine for me). I tried loading SH Gold and the opening video worked but the first screen and all others came up about half. Top half of monitor was empty. So I could never get down to Options and graphics on the first screen. After much messing around I went into my Raedon graphics card and took off scaling. Now game played with a full screen but picture quality was a bit dull. I also changed display to 1920x1080. Went back to Windows and tried my TW "Atilla" game and it came up fine but with scaling off a bit dull so I put scaling back. Fine picture. Then I loaded SH Gold again. To my surprise it came up full screen and just fine, clear graphics. Im not sure if scaling was involved or it was being able to get to "Options" and changing the display to 1920x1080 but I think that is what did it not the scaling which is back on.

BTW, does anyone know how to get "Carriers at War" up on W10. A quite old game but I don't see any carrier games out there since tat one.
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote