View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 12:09 PM   #57
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwelt
...I hate to put the blame on UBI rockin robbins but if you look back at thier history in all thier titles, they don't exactly have a great track record.. I believe they knew exactly what they were getting when they signed on to thie package. The people I feel for is the devs, as their product is getting slandered due to the stupidity of the production company.
Please hear exactly what I'm saying. Follow the logic here. I postulate that Ubi is a victim here, just as we are. Otherwise, why did Ubi remove the SecuROM completely in patch 1.3? Patches 1.3 and 1.4 did not scan running processes at all. Only with SH4UBM did SecuROM rear its ugly head again.

Read maerean_m's first post carefully. He is clearly under the clear impression (edit: how could one be unclearly under a clear impression or clearly under an unclear impression? deep thoughts that bear pondering) that SecuROM is supposed to make sure the download is legitimate and then never be seen again. He says so very clearly. Only after we tested and spilled the beans on what really happens did maerean_m change his tune. He feels he has to protect his job. But his reactions validate my theory that Sony really did tell Ubi that SecuROM would just check the download and go to sleep.

I could be too charitable here, but I count Ubi as a victim here, not a perp. They tried to do the right thing and got stabbed in the back. Hold it.... Al Capone uses a gat. :hmm: I'll get all the analogies right eventually.

@Yosarian: your scenario is not a valid excuse to make yourself a criminal. But if you want free food that bad I hope you get your just reward if you feel justified in stealing. Without software pirates, none of this conversation would be happening. All of us should agree that software piracy is never good. It needs to be stopped. But treating valuable customers as criminals hurts a company much worse than piracy ever could. I believe that piracy can be minimized without infringing on customers' rights and with customers' overt support. I paid for my game and I expect others to do so also.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-05-08 at 12:36 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote