View Single Post
Old 07-02-17, 02:49 PM   #4848
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Was completing a mission out of Surabaya that started mid-February '42 when reveived message to all Asiatic fleet boats to change base to Perth. But, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, so I went there to complete this mission arriving Feb 28 '42 at 01:34. After refitting, accepted a new patrol to South China Sea that started Feb 28 '42 at 00:00 hours! Quick refit huh! Even turned back time. And, anchor is still tilted at Surabaya, not Perth. Forgot to add this image,

Just making you aware if you didn't know already.
But, on the bright side, the sonar "issue" seems to be fixed, other than for the Submarine School Torpedo Attack mission I encountered the other day.
No problems installing Beta 62, have run thru a few missions starting Jan '42 with no in mission problems.
Happy to be aboard Boss
Back to this jldjs... I only found the one potentially bad date in the flotillas.upc file. I really don't know how it got by us anyway in the first place. CapnScurvy, cdrsubron7, s7rikeback and myself have been through the files multiple times (with flotillas.upc being in my perview). My mind might be slipping, but I'm almost certain that CapnScurvy and cdrsubron7 both pointed it out, and I could have sworn that it was "fixed", but alas, not so...

1940 and 1944 were leap years in Real Life, although we suspect that Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific knows nothing of leap years anyway, so a date of February 29th, 1941 would be a potential double-whammy if hit. This could explain the "lost Home Port" phenomenon also - maybe... But Surabaya is supposed to "close" on February 28, 1941, and Fremantle is supposed to become active on February 29, 1941, which as stated, is NOT a leap year. Next FotRSU run will have February 27 & February 28 dates, just to avoid the issue altogether (hopefully). That said, I don't think your situation would have been any different jldjs. I think that since the base was still "active" when you came in, it allowed you to dock, but since it was being "de-activated" and moved to Fremantle, it spit you right back out, assignment and all.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote