View Single Post
Old 05-25-07, 09:18 PM   #1388
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

I've just found a submerged s-class sub in a convoy.....(see also screenshot thread)

I thought I read in this thread (or maybe BBW told me in the whaling ship thread) that they didn't submerge....it was running diesels by the sound, or making a lot of noise going 7kts on electrics, they're one tough sub by the way, I torpedoed one in the Med and it just wouldn't sink from the one fish (weather too bad for deckgun)

Anyway, another nice surprise from GWX

also made my first ever 100k patrol by sinking HMS King George V and HMS Prince of Wales, both with 2 magnetic fish right underneath the A turret and engines, after several failed attempts at those (and other) BBs in other careers I finally bagged 'em and 2 in the same taskforce too

however, both Brag and I have now heavily abused this particular taskforce going from Scapa Flow around Ireland to Gibraltar in '40 and '41 perhaps it should have a less predictable route in version 1.04 because it always gets reported leaving Scapa, and then it's just waiting for them southwest of ireland, hoping for decent weather and BAM another BB down to the deeps. which is funny once or twice but gets unrealistic the third time....
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote