View Single Post
Old 05-15-18, 04:28 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Due to a juristic decision here in Germany about dahscams now being legalised by the federal constitutional high court, somebody I spoke with today warned me that filming a trail or track with a camera that is on for longer time, could bring me into trouble with any police patrol meeting me, and is at best legal grey zone, most likekly would end with me beign found guilty of violating data protection laws.

In priciple everybody shooting a trail from his MTB or motorbike, is guilty before the law. Its not that you need to necessarily penetrate private grounds with the lenses, or that you indeed copy the face of some stranger on your sd card - the mere chance that this could happen, due to the camera running, being there, already is enough to bring you in conflict with the law.

Germany. Das Land der Spießer, Kümmerer und ewig Ängstlichen. What more do I need to say.

The court today ruled that dashcams still are not okay to have in cars, nevertheless if you end up in an accident and your camera'S film could help to defend your cause at later court proceedings, it now is okay to use it, the court must allow it. Schizophrenia that only bureaucrats can consider to be normal. Its absurd.

P.S. As I found, same in Austria. Note that the laws are aboiut not just dashcams, but every kind of camera that qualifies as a socalled action cam.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-15-18 at 05:04 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote